At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Enterprise Database Management is the competency center for database administration and solutions in Enterprise Technology Services. We will provide world-class leadership and deliver innovative, secure and cost effective database solutions that benefit Wells Fargo, its customers, and its shareholders. We will achieve this through collaborative partnership with our lines of business and technology services colleagues as well as our Wells Fargo suppliers.
Our Wholesale Technology Services Database Administration and Infrastructure organization is looking for an experienced Database Analyst to help support our Wholesale application database environments as part of the Enterprise Database Management team. This position will work in a team of DBAs to provide operational DBA support and services for mission critical Wholesale Business Technology applications.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
- Performs moderately complex server-class database activities including one or more of the following: troubleshooting, maintenance production support; performance monitoring and tuning; assisting with logical/physical database design and creation; data modeling and/or mapping; programming and coding to automate and/or support the database environment; configuring and testing for database installations and migrations; back-up and recovery activities; and assisting with gathering business requirements and database metrics for further analysis.
- Work cooperatively with functional and technical staff, manage service level agreements related to DBA activities including timelines and deliverables
- May participate in projects as a coordinator or in a support capacity
Please note: This position is available within the following market areas: Charlotte NC (preferred), Winston Salem NC, Minneapolis and Shoreview MN, West Des Moines/Des Moines IA, Phoenix AZ, Saint Louis MO, and Sioux Falls SD.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a bonus incentive, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of database design and administration experience
- 3 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 1+ year of Data Guard experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation in an IT applications systems environment
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience using Oracle 12c Multi-Tenant
- Experience using one of the following: Oracle OEM,TOAD or SQL Developer
- Knowledge of architectural design concepts
- Ability to document technical information for inter-departmentally use
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and developing technologies and ability to analyze technology for use in current environment
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience with all levels of testing including systems, performance, and acceptance.
- 3+ years of Oracle DBA Pro-active and reactive performance tuning and monitoring
- Basic RAC Administration/configuration Knowledge
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.