Are you ready to deliver bold, business - savvy solutions to help millions live healthier lives? UnitedHealth Group is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day.
As the DataStage Developer, you will lead the team responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the OptumCare unified datamart working together with local Care Delivery IT and Optum IT organizations. The team comprises database analysts and developers. You'll interact with senior leadership with a focus on performance to achieve business objectives. This is where your bold ideas will write the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and code efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems ranging from small to large complex work efforts
- Comply with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing, and deployment activities as established by departmental and organizational standards
- Demonstrate collaborative skills working within a project team of diverse skills
- Communication skills including oral, written, and presentation; Creativity and problem solving skills
- Partner with other competency leads/developers and support project planning, technical design, development, and solution deployment functions
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities, and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement, as applicable
- Lead, mentor, and develop development resources and provide project related directions
- Acting in a technical SME role, support development, QA, and production support teams in SDLC and operational activities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or other relevant degree, OR equivalent professional experience
- 8+ experience in IT systems analysis, data analysis, software design, or a combination of roles within SDLC
- 5+ years of recent and hands-on experience with IBM Infosphere DataStage ETL tool (version 7.5.2 or greater) AND/OR 5+ years of recent hands-on experience with Informatica ETL tool
- 4+ years of UNIX or Linux development environment experience
- 5+ years of experience with programming languages (shell scripts, PERL, TWS, C++, .NET, or other)
- 4+ years of experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures with relational databases
- Health care industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases principles and structures
- An understanding of a variety of modeling and/or diagramming techniques, with the ability to create process flow diagrams and the ability read data flows and entity relationship models
- Experience with Tivoli (TWS) or equivalent job scheduling tool experience
- Able to act as a lead developer responsible for the planning, completion, and coordination of work activity for projects involving more than one developer
- Experience working with a virtual team environment over multiple locations, including off-shore
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: data analysis, software design, DataStage, ETL, shell scripts, SQL, healthcare, health care, telecommute, work from home, remote