BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
DC OPERATIONS MANAGER - 2nd Shift
Responsible for planning, directing, and administering of all warehouse operations to include: (1) overseeing the put to club, storage, pallet operation, receiving, crossdock, shipping, and all other general operations of the warehouse while providing timely throughput of all merchandise; (2) maintaining proper staffing levels to achieve 100% asset integrity on all outbound shipments; (3) addressing all product related issues impeding operations; (4) monitoring safety & loss prevention practices, ensuring policies adherence; (5) reviewing equipment needs to enhance productivity, while evaluating cost effectiveness; and (6) reviewing changes in distribution philosophies to increase operational efficiencies and strive for continuous improvement, while planning strategically for the future of the business.
- Manage the daily activities of put to club, storage, pallet sortation and global sales operations. Ensure proper handling techniques are used to prevent product damage and shrink. Minimize payroll by partnering with other managers to ensure optimum utilization of the work force to optimize productivity and realize continuous improvement.
- Maintain asset integrity through enforcement of all procedures and policies. Ensure 100% accountability, through timely investigation of discrepancies and follow-up training on all errors. Assist Loss Prevention and Quality Control departments with research and recovery efforts.
- Ensure 100% safety and security compliance through participation in the development of safety programs, raising awareness and reducing accidents/incidents.
- Cultivate relationships with outside vendors and home office partners to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Reinforce performance management skills with direct reports. Encourage the development and coaching of team members to achieve performance goals and objectives. Enforce proper communication between management and team members to foster a safe working environment.
- Review changes in distribution philosophies to increase operational efficiencies and strive for continuous improvement, while planning strategically for the future of the business.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a distribution environment
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.