No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!DC Transit Bus Driver - $18/hr! CDL License Class B with Passenger Endorsement Required!
Join First Transit as a DC Transit Bus Drivers. Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages - Starting rate $18.00, $18.50 after 6 months. Top driver wage $31.60!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
- Paid, cutting-edge training
- A great work environment!
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- CDL Class B with Passenger & Air Brake Endorsements required. This position does not offer CDL Training.
- 3 years of driving experience
- 1 year of verifiable professional driving experience required
- Must have a valid DC/MD/VA CDL license with required endorsements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at 1710 17th Street NE Washington, DC 20002!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through a fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.