BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
DAMAGE DEFECTIVE RETURNS (DDR) CLERK
Responsible for processing and sorting damaged or defective and/or returned merchandise, reducing salvage, , obtaining return authorizations from vendors and re-wrapping sellable merchandise.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and assistance. Maintains high standards of safety, service, and sanitation for members and team members.
- Accurately processes damaged or defective merchandise by following appropriate salvage, donation, vendor return, reverse logistic, hazardous waste and destroy procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor charge-backs, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on vendor return policies.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged, defective and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory. Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Understands the company’s community / donation programs and administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Reviews daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls, and processes tire and battery returns.
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using appropriate seal and shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. Follows established safety, filing organization, and lock-up standards.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and push pallets.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and coolers.
- Frequent exposure to hazardous material.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.