Department:OH1CN_86000_000 College of Nursing
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities.
For over 100 years Mount Carmel College of Nursing has been committed to lifelong learning in the science of professional nursing. Today our commitment to learning has never been stronger, and has made us the largest private BSN program in Ohio. We’re also committed to faculty experiences and providing our educators the most innovative learning environment possible. The personal passion of our faculty to do what’s right will positively impact patient outcomes for years to come.
Job Description Details:Job Description
The Academic Dean has primary responsibility for the overall leadership of the academic, student academic support, student affairs programs, including monitoring the quality of instruction, enhancing current programs, and developing new initiatives for academic programming as appropriate to current trends in higher education. The Dean collaborates with all other areas of the College (e.g., Records and Re-enrollment Management, Institutional Advancement and Development, etc.) to further the mission of the College. The Dean is responsible for making recommendations to the President concerning faculty appointments, applications for advancement in rank and/or tenure, and salary increments. The Academic Dean approves part-time faculty for courses and recommends salaries in accordance with College policy, monitors the effectiveness of academic and student-focused programs, and is responsible for the professional development of the faculty and staff who teach and provide student activities.
- Define and share a strategy and vision.
- Align resources toward achievement of UEM results, grow and sustain the UEM
- Identify, lead and embrace change
- Certifies to the Board, in a format prescribed by the Board, for each student who is an applicant for licensure in Ohio that each applicant successfully completed the requirements of the program, and the date the applicant completed the program requirements.
- Works to facilitate the accreditation of academic programs, when appropriate
- Seeks to adapt academic units to current needs and trends
- Advances the views, goals, interests, and coordinates strategic planning of academic and student affairs programs
- Advocates for the College and its faculty; Is good spokesperson for the College; Is visible on campus and community
- Supportive of shared governance with the faculty; Involves faculty in setting goals
- Oversees the orientation of all faculty and staff; Nurtures development of faculty
- Facilitates faculty development, including enhancing educational competencies
- Encourages research and other scholarly activities
- Supervises the annual evaluation of all faculty; Evaluates faculty and staff assigned to academic and student affairs, academic support, Director of Records & Registration; Rewards excellence
- Earned Doctorate in nursing or related discipline with Master's degree in nursing
- Current RN license in Ohio
- Demonstrated academic leadership experience; Teaching experience in undergraduate/graduate nursing programs; Must qualify for faculty appointment
- Effective Communication Skills, maintains communication with central administration and among other units of the college, faculty, students, clinical agencies, and with the Board of Trustees through the President
- Provides mentorship and support to Associate Deans
- Sets and communicates clear goals for academic and student affairs programs
- Inspires an atmosphere of academic excellence; Supports quality standards in teaching and research
- Recognized leader in scholarly activity
- Active in professional and higher education organizations
Elevating the standards of care begins at Mount Carmel. No matter what role you play, working with us means being a part of a team focused on excellence. Join us today.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.