Department:OH1CH_69001_000 Mchp Financial Reporting
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Job Description Details:
The Decision Support Analyst works with in conjunction with fellow Senior Decision Support Analyst and Manager to provide analysis related service line profitability, dashboard reporting and working with leaders across the organization on various strategic projects. This position is responsible for providing basic ad-hoc and standard financial related analysis and reports to the departmental customers (internal & external) to assist in decision making processes. The Decision Support Analyst is integral to preserving the integrity of various financial systems through regular data quality checks.
- Maintains in-depth understanding of Mount Carmel Health System operations, clinical functions and revenue cycle processes and correlates these activities to financial and statistical results.
- Provides Quantitative and Qualitative Analytics.
- Performs various analyses, developing correlations between various activity measures, cost/revenue and productivity indicators.
- Development of performance projections and proforma financial analysis for new projects, major capital expenditures, or proposed changes in hospital operations.
- Provides routine reports as needed and prepares complex report writing and coding in applicable systems.
- Performs all assigned month-end closing and annual audit responsibilities with a high level of accuracy and minimal supervision in accordance with the established department close process schedule
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field is required or equivalent combination of related education and experience in lieu of a degree (minimum 8 years related work experience). MBA/MHA preferred.
- Experience: one or more years of work experience in a finance setting (healthcare preferred) with experience in one or more of the following areas: Accounting, Budgeting, Cost Accounting, Decision Support or Governmental & Managed Care Reimbursement.
- Able to translate technical financial terminology into terms understandable to leadership, associates, and external customers.
- Highly skilled with the use of personal computer systems; Proficiency in Business Objects preferred but not required; Understanding of basic SQL report writing concepts preferred but not required.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.