At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
The main purpose of this position is to generate sales and retain assets for Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) within the Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) business. The role is responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with Investment Advisors who specialize in evaluation and selection of investments for defined contribution (DC) plans. The position's primary objective is to influence Investment Advisor use of WFAM Investment Strategies within DC plans. This position is responsible for managing a specific geographic sales territory in terms of business planning, developing relationships and sales, and coordinating and following through on sales leads generated throughout the territory. The role also requires building and maintaining productive relationships with other Wells Fargo sales teams operating within the territory. This position requires an extensive background in the defined contribution plan market, with a high level of knowledge on related investment management, business building and practice management issues, so as to be deemed a subject matter expert and credible resource by DC focused investment advisors.
The individual will be an aggressive, results-oriented sales professional with the capacity to represent the firm at the senior levels throughout the target markets.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage a territory to generate sales to meet objectives.
- Identify and cultivate key investment advisor/consultant relationships and develop DCIO sales through those contacts.
- Partner with Wells Fargo Retail Wholesalers, Consultant Relations, Plan Sponsor, and Institutional Retirement sales teams across territory to maximize Investment Advisor client experience and total DCIO sales.
- Partner with wholesalers of national recordkeeping platforms and key distribution partners to further enhance awareness of WFAM investment capabilities.
- Gather relationship intelligence, identify opportunities, and share insights with partner sales teams to ensure relationship sales plans and activities are focused effectively to drive sales.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Wells Fargo Asset Management products and effectively communicate quantitative and qualitative aspects of the investment process, philosophy, people and performance, as well as details on recordkeeping relationships and product availability.
- Maintain knowledge of industry related topics and maintain proficiencies in delivering value-added presentations to investment advisors.
- Interpret sales reports and other information to identify and articulate trends and support allocation of resources to take advantage of client opportunities.
- Provide feedback on WFAM product demand, sales trends, retirement hot topics, advisors and plan sponsor’s needs.
- Maintain, update and prioritize database of clients and contacts, document all client communications and activities for ongoing pipe-line management.
- Travel a significant portion of the time, sometimes including weekend and evening activities.
The individuals can work from home or a Wells Fargo office. The position is paid on salary, monthly commission and is eligible for an annual bonus.
The territory includes the following states: WA, CA, OR, NV, MT, ID, HI, AK
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 6 (or 7) exam to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 63 (or 66) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 6+ years of sales experience
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment where strong independent thinking skills are important
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience exceeding established performance goals
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Ability to travel 80% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.