About UsWho We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.Position SummaryAn Assistant Deli Manager's first responsibility is to assist the Deli Manager in providing leadership in the Deli Department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering raw materials and supplies, and implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profitsJob Responsibilities
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow Team Members and customers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a Passion for Food.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met within department and cafés.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement when applicable, effectively utilizing Team Members and supplies to maximize the store's profits.
- Prepare, maintain, and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to Company policy.
Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department.
Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department Team Members in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency, and control labor costs.
Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements are met.
Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop plans, which help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Team Member Point of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and/or procedures to address those issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
Utilization of Supply Chain Excellence.
Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that store meets out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for Management Development Process.
Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a Passion for Food.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Perform duties of staff as required.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years
- Prior management experience in the Deli department or related field.
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Adding Machine
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Fax Machine
- Auto Wrapper
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Heat Seal Gun
- Label Gun
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Hose
- Price Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor