BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Deli Managers are responsible for managing the Deli Department operation to enhance customer satisfaction and to achieve sales and profitability goals, direct the work of the team members assigned to the department, have authority to recommend hiring, firing, other disciplinary measures, and promotion of team members assigned to the department. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervising, developing, training and managing Deli Team Members
- Always maintaining compliance with all company policies and regulations pertaining to safety, sanitation and food quality
- Ensure that all freshness codes are in compliance and properly rotated
- Ensure proper ordering procedures are in place and followed by Team Members
- Forecasting product needs, ordering, pricing and coding products, fulfilling member orders and maintaining proper inventory levels and merchandise displays
- Maintain a full variety (AFS) and presentation of products utilizing the movement report and minimum variety checklist
- Control shrink and salvage to an acceptable level by achieving budgeted goals
- Provide member first service during all hours of the Club's operation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school degree
- Formal food service vocational education preferred
- Product knowledge; Merchandising of perishable products
- Good communication skills, supervisory skills
- 1-3 years’ experience managing a perishable department in a Supermarket or equivalent type operation
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.