BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Supervises, trains, and coaches Deli Clerks in the deli department. Slices, packages, weighs, and sells various deli products, including meats and cheeses. Provides guidance to Team Members on relevant information updates and club policies and procedures. Assists Members with questions on deli products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes special orders. Assists in preparing and packaging special orders and party trays.
- Supervises and participates in the overall operations of the deli department. Holds department meetings to update Team Members on club policies and procedures. Prepares schedules for the deli department.
- Trains and develops team members. Assign, supervise and monitor the workload of each team member.
- Assesses team member performance. Provide actionable feedback. Administer coaching for behavior and performance concerns for improvement.
- Provide feedback for team member performance reviews
- Participates in new team member interview process
- Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses and meats. Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows appropriate product salvage policies and procedures
- Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotates, and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures. Ensures deli cooler shelves and display cases are stocked.
- Conducts deli inventories. Orders inventory/supplies as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
- Ensures the scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items are weighed and priced accurately.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting in other departments as needed.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Deli experience preferred, including knowledge of deli products.
- Experience operating manual/power slicers and scales preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, which may require bending, handling, pulling, reaching, pushing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. Frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.