- Manage cross functional scrum teams including BAs, QA and database developers
- Responsible for performance reviews and goal setting for team members
- Drive organization initiatives including Agile maturity, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and documentation.
- Work with architects, quality and product/delivery managers, user experience designers, release train engineers to deliver functionality on time, within budget
- Understand big picture, while implementing at the detail level
- Work with sometimes ambiguous / conceptual requirements and guide the technical team to provide functionality with the right amount of engineering.
- Set and enforce standards
- Work in a fast paced environment and deal with multiple priorities
- Bring energy and excitement to the team
- Mentor, train and coach team members
- Ability to influence peers and leadership
- Broad understanding for industry trends around scaling and resiliency of core systems
- 2+ years of leading technology team
- 5+ years of professional software/technology experience with at least 3 years of experience in a complex, technical environment
- 3+ years of experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Team City, Terraform, TFS, etc.
- 1+ year of experience working with cloud technologies such as Red Hat OpenShift, Amazon Web Services, Mesos, Azure/Azure pack, etc.
- 1+ years of experience working in an Agile environment utilizing test-driven development practices
- Proficient with an automation languages such as Java, Groovy, with scripting skills
- Expertise in CI/CD to public production environments
- Experience with containerization; Kubernetes, Docker, Marathon, etc.
- Experience deploying analytics technologies such as Kafka, Cassandra, Spark
- Proficient with developer tools such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, VS Code, etc.
- Proficiency with Git/GitHub
- Advanced capabilities with a command line interface
- Experience integrating reporting tools such as Kibana and Splunk for monitoring app container health & performance
- Experience implementing test automation suites such as Selenium, Junit, Appium, Spock, etc.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.