Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Dental Network Contractor develops the provider network yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Dental Network Contractors evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with the providers in the network and ensuring the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties.
If you are located in New York, NY or Hudson Valley, NY, you will have the flexibility to telecommute*.
- Negotiate contracts and recruit dental providers to multiple UHC Dental Networks
- Work to achieve industry discounts with onboarding of new providers
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Work exclusively within a specific knowledge area
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Have reliable transportation
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting or provider services.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing financial models and analysis in negotiating rates with providers.
- At least an intermediate level of knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines.
- 2+ years of experience in performing network adequacy analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information form others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in high stress, high goal orientated environment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 14 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Dental, Healthcare, Managed Care, Hospital Contracting, Physician Contracting, Ancillary Contracting, Facility Contracting, Provider Network, Network Development, Provider Services, Contract Negotiating, Network Management, New York, NY, Hudson Valley, NY, Telecommute