Expanding access to affordable, high-quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Network Contractor develops the provider network (dentists, ancillary groups & facilities, etc.) yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Network Contractors evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with dentists, ancillary groups & facilities, providers, and ensuring the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties.
If you are located in the Bay Area, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for identifying, recruiting, negotiating, and contracting a dental provider network in a geographic area within established guidelines to meet network needs
- Ensures provider database and documentation is accurate, complete, and submitted promptly
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
*Must live within the vicinity of California, preferred to be located in the Bay Area California.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with exceptional sales presentation skills in a high-pressure environment
- 2+ years in Sales / Call environment
- Proven ability to be successful at prospecting new and existing leads of potential new providers
- Intermediate proficiency using MS Excel
- Dental industry knowledge
- Dental Treatment Plan Coordinator/Dental Office Manager highly preferred/
- Dental Treatment Plan Coordinator/Office Manager experience
- Knowledge of PPO, Medicare/Medicaid, and DHMO reimbursement methodologies
- Salesforce experience
- Knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information form others
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Sales, Recruiting, Presentation, Call Center, charts, graphs, basic formulas, import/export data, Medicare/Medicaid, and DHMO reimbursement methodologies, Salesforce, Dental, Employer and Individual, E&I, Specialty Benefits, Sr. Provider Relations Representative, CA, California, Network Contractor, Network Management, Contracting, Concord, Stockton, Modesto, Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Oakland