Department Supervisor – A 40 hour full time hourly position with competitive wage and benefits. Future growth potential due to our Promote from With-in philosophy. The Department Supervisors in Bed Bath & Beyond stores act in a leadership role to promote outstanding service and ensure smooth daily operations. Our Department Supervisors are responsible for assisting Store and Assistant Managers with executing daily priorities, leading the store staff in the absence of the Store and Assistant Managers, and maintaining specific areas or departments within the store.
Are you an energetic and dynamic individual looking to further a great career? Bed Bath & Beyond is looking for customer service minded individuals to join our company.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent supervisory skills including: a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, creative problem solving, effective delegation and follow up, and the ability to get the team to execute priorities.
- Ability to be a role model and consistently exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including weekend and night shifts.
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience in a retail or similar environment.
- Prior experience in a fast paced, customer service industry is preferred.
Supervisory or successful applied experience in:
- Front End / Cash Office
- Health and Beauty
- Gourmet food and beverage including (beer and wine)
- Wedding and Gift registry
- Shipping and Receiving
- Freight flow
- General merchandising and sales floor leadership
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management or Supervision: 2 years
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Training and Developing a Team: 2 years
- Demonstrated reliable work record: 2 years
- Sales and Customer relationship building: 2 years
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.