Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same... and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As a Department Supervisor, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent supervisory skills including: a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, creative problem solving, effective delegation and follow up, and the ability to get the team to execute priorities.
- Ability to be a role model and consistently exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including weekend and night shifts.
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience in a retail or similar environment.
- Prior experience in a fast paced, customer service industry is preferred.
Supervisory or successful applied experience in:
- Front End / Cash Office
- Shipping and Receiving
- Freight flow
- General merchandising and sales floor leadership
Retail Management or Supervision: 2 years
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Training and Developing a Team: 2 years
- Demonstrated reliable work record: 2 years
- Sales and Customer relationship building: 2 years
JOB TYPE: Full Time
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.