DescriptionThe Product Development Professional 2 conducts fundamental or applied research which requires knowledge of a number of disciplines to improve, or generate new; products, components, equipment, systems, and processes. The Product Development Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Innovation drives our business -- join Humana in developing strategy that drives innovation.
The Design & Research Product Development Professional will lead and support teams in the human-centered design approach to develop and build innovation concepts. This includes framing user problems, planning and execution of qualitative primary/secondary research studies, facilitating working sessions to uncover ideas and insights, synthesizing insights and disparate points of view, and making them tangible through delightfully designed artifacts.
You will guide and inspire teams in communicating designs and their underlying principles (in prototypes, presentations and documents) so that they can be socialized, developed and sustained with integrity over time. You will leverage your exceptional synthesis and design skills to move from the abstract to the concrete, driving clarity, detail, and refinement in our strategies and concepts. You will be responsible for designing business concepts, in visual and verbal form, (e.g. conceptual descriptions, sketches, and renderings).
Successful Innovation is born out of great research. You will therefore support and inspire teams in uncovering meaningful human-centered insights that drive great design and innovation for our members. You will use your design thinking expertise to contribute to all phases of the design process, guiding teams in distinctive approaches to discovery, synthesis and concept development. You will bring to life the voice of the customer using an array of design techniques and best practices, immersing in qualitative research data to identify patterns, build insights, and capture research presentations and reports.
The successful candidate will be creative and have the urge to experiment when it comes to the design thinking process (i.e., willing and able to go beyond traditional methods when appropriate). The candidate will also be driven to create meaningful change for our members and providers, self-motivated, an excellent communicator, have the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines. Primary responsibilities include:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support structuring of human-centered research and executing fieldwork, analysis of findings and insight development.
- Synthesize research findings, uncover, and articulate insights that will inform and inspire design, distilling down to focus on the most important insights, linking them together in frameworks or principles for design.
- Connect insights to design and collaborate with teammates to create innovative products, services, spaces, interactions and experiences.
- Create persuasive presentations that tell a compelling story using strong writing, clear visual information design, thoughtful imagery and captivating illustration/rendering.
- Conceptualize and bring to life ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks (e.g. wireframes, sketches, prototypes, etc.).
- Support research, content creation, design and visualization, and project management requirements across multiple engagements proven through a successful design portfolio and examples of prior work.
- Serve as an advocate for human-centered experience and interaction design throughout the development process.
- Bachelors degree
- Understanding and experience with a variety of research methodologies, e.g. field research or ethnography, IDIs, co-creation and prototyping, engaging users remotely, survey design and analysis, segmentation studies
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design
- Exceptional design talents with experience that demonstrates ability to synthesize diverse subject matter- from product interaction to software tools and applications as evidenced by a successful design portfolio of prior work
- Experience with user centered design practices, methods and tools, including Human centered design, sprint methodology, etc.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Innovation – success developing new ideas through collaboration across a matrix organization
- 5+ years’ experience in Innovation, research, and/or design discipline
- Master’s degree or other graduate degree
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40