DescriptionThe Desktop/End User Support Engineer 2 maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots desktop hardware and software packages. Also responsible for customer service and end-user training. The Desktop/End User Support Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
ResponsibilitiesThe Desktop/End User Support Engineer 2 researches and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity, typically escalated from first line support teams. Responds to escalated telephone, email and on line requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Develop a subject matter expertise for career development. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- 3 + years experience as a Desktop/End User Support Engineer
- Experienced in researching and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity, typically escalated from first line support teams.
- Experienced responding to escalated telephone, email and on line requests for technical support
- Experienced documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem using applicable systems and tools
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Desktop Support Certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours40