PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Desktop Support Manager is responsible for the supervision, technical development and guidance for the Desktop Support team and to manage the day to day activities of the team. In addition, the Desktop Support Manager is responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient level of IT Support is provided within the desktop support environment for IT related issues or problems. Other responsibilities include managing team schedules, ensuring adequate coverage during EUC support hours, preparing reports on team workloads and issue resolution metrics. In addition, this person will create and maintain documentation for systems and procedures, perform asset management, maintain hardware inventory, and track software licenses for end-users.
1. Manage and perform supervisory duties on a daily basis for the Inspire IT Desktop Support Teams across all brand locations and offices and ensure procedures and processes are adhered to.
2. Act as a primary point of contact for escalation from a Desktop Support level in times of major system outages, supplier issues and conflict resolution with End Users.
3. Researches hardware, software, and infrastructure technologies. Assesses business needs and develops solutions to ensure technology meets business needs.
4. Develop and manage effective and workable frameworks for managing and improving IT support in the organization. Develop and mature escalation process and procedures to ensure seamless support for IT customers.
5. Performs troubleshooting and root cause analysis for issues with infrastructure assets, including hardware, software, and network infrastructures.
6. Participates in the IT strategic planning process. Consults with IT management and business area leaders to assess appropriateness of new technologies. Develops technology point-of-views, standards, and roadmaps for the implementation of these technologies.
7. Defines job duties, maintains current position descriptions, hires staff, conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews, and performance management. Regularly reviews the skill sets of staff and assists in creating individual development plans.
8. Categorize and prioritize end user support requests by utilizing Remedy/Service Now to track tickets and provide timely resolution.
9. Ensure that all requests from End Users are handled promptly and effectively, and if necessary escalated to the appropriate level.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained within the Desktop Support teams at all times.
- Monitor and identify any trends or irregular activities on jobs logged with the Desktop Support group that could relate to potential IT issues and escalate to IT Leadership.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
- Required Minimum: BS/BA degree in IT or related field preferred; equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education
- 5 years managerial and leadership experience
- Restaurant, retail or hospitality industry relevant experience preferred
- 8+ years of IT Support experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience supervising a team of at least 4 team members
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Experience building and supporting Windows 7 and 10 based images with SCCM, Ghost or other OS imaging packages
- Experience supporting end users using a web platform (including but not limited to familiarity with: HTML, SharePoint Office 365, OneDrive)
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise class desktop software such as Windows 7, 10 Mac OS X, Linux Red Hat, antivirus, remote management and troubleshooting, asset management and inventory, printing and call centers
- Technical computer skills as well as good interpersonal, management, and customer service skills
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts including Service Management and Service Delivery and experience
- Experience with Windows active directory, LDAP, and group policies
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical problems using a methodical systematic approach
- Experience with enterprise deployment systems (Symantec Ghost, SCCM, Casper) and enterprise monitoring and reporting systems
- Experience with Active Directory, MS System Center, or other systems management platforms
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and troubleshooting
- Experience with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone support, and mobile device management
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Supervisor Desktop Support
- Sr. Desktop Support engineers
- End User Support Engineers
Travel Required -25% of the time