Bed Bath & Beyond’s eCommerce team has a current opportunity for a Development Lead at their Union, NJ HQ. This group leads the retail revolution with best in class execution, bold strategic thinking, and impactful innovation. As a part of eCommerce operations team you will apply your strengths of thought leadership, passion for innovation, and world class online customer experience. The eCommerce team is part of a matrixed organization that has helped Bed Bath & Beyond become an industry leader.
- Work with offshore development team to deliver solutions across various channels like desktop and mobile that are highly scalable, robust and secure
- Work closely with product owner to provide project estimates for new features
- Ensure design of the solution is in alignment with overall enterprise architecture
- Perform code reviews and design reviews for offshore teams.
- Own solution design and ensure non-functional requirements are effectively addressed
- Assist in developing quick prototypes to evaluate solutions and A/B testing.
- 8-10 years of experience in design and development in e-commerce domain using Java/J2EE with at least 5 years of experience in developing e-commerce solutions using Oracle ATG Commerce platform including: Product Catalog Customization, Order flow, Profile Customization, Promotion and Coupons; Session Management and Integrations with thirdparty systems
- Hands on experience in developing Restful API’s
- Experience with Spring Boots and React frameworks; Working knowledge of NodeJS,
- Experience with one or more of the cloud platforms and API Gateways like APIGEE.
- Working knowledge of a CI/CD pipeline, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant etc.
- Must have a proven track record of owning and driving technical delivery of medium to large systems
- Expert in troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience with agile software development methodology
- Adept in working in a fast paced and overlapping product release cycles
- Experience working in cross-functional, geographically distributed project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience presenting to senior Business partners.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.