Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Development Officer will engage in the development continuum of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospective Foundation donors and existing donors.
- Identifies new prospective donors; Conducts annual donor stewardship to maintain relationships with long-standing donors.
- Develops, coordinates and implements Foundation fundraising events as required.
- Assists Executive Director of the Foundation with major gift activities as needed.
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment for special events as needed.
- Solicits special event gifts and sponsorships.
- Serves as Foundation liaison to Mount Carmel Auxiliaries as needed.
- Coordinate Foundation Board of Trustees activities including quarterly meeting schedules; committee meetings; nominations and governance activities of the Board as determined by Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Meets all deadlines in a timely and proficient manner and notifies Management when issuesare identified and investigates potential causes and solutions under the advisement ofManagement.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation of all assigned processes and any relatedpolicies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to research issues related to external, regulatory, constructionindustry and other forces impacting healthcare facilities and operations.
- Develops the ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to all levelsof leadership, colleagues, and external customers.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience: Experience partnering with volunteers, committees, boards, and senior leaders
- Strong executive presence with effective oral and written communication skills; A proven knack for persuasive communication
- Able to clearly convey the mission of the Mount Carmel Foundation and need for charitable funding to maintain the programs provided by Mount Carmel
- Mature, independent individual with three to five years' experience in fundraising activities and event planning.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.