Our over forty years of experience, dedication to personalized guest service and professional relationships with quality hotels, restaurants, attractions and other suppliers assure our guests a carefree and memorable vacation.
The Deviations & Corporate Travel Assistant Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Group Air Manager and is responsible for coordinating deviation requests, arranging corporate travel, obtaining guest visas, reconciling the ARC report, and when needed, assisting with incentive tour set-up and operation.Responsibilities
- Shares responsibilities with the Deviations Coordinator and is the back-up person for the Deviations Coordinator.
- Fulfill guest deviation requests, including: adjusting departure and return dates/city pairs, booking flight upgrades, and reserving pre-tour and extended stay hotel accommodations at group hotels.
- Research and provide guests with options for requested deviations, communicate additional pricing and schedules, and reconcile additional payments as needed.
- Work closely with Group Air Department to ensure deviation adjustments coincide with group travel itineraries.
- Is responsible for obtaining guest visas for all tour programs requiring visas for guests except Australia.
- Assists in answering in-bound customer inquiries regarding flight components of our guided tours.
- Assists the Operations Department staff with handling flight issues for tours in progress. This includes being included in the Saturday work rotation schedule.
- Shares responsibilities with the Corporate Travel Manager/Incentive Programs Coordinator and is the back-up person for the Corporate Travel Manager/Incentive Programs Coordinator.
- Book flight arrangements and rental cars for travel show presenters and other employee business travel (an example of employee business travel is making arrangements for the Media Sales Managers’ station visits).
- Book tour driver sleeping rooms when needed for pre and post tours and between tours if the drivers are working in a series.
- Run agency daily ticketing activity report when the Corporate Travel Manager is out of the office or when instructed.
- Maintain ARC (Airlines Reporting Corporation) certification and participate in the rotation of reconciling the weekly ARC report.
- Assist in answering in-bound customer inquiries regarding various components of our guided tours.
- Assists the Group Air Department in the fulfillment of their responsibilities when assistance is requested.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, including airline representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-high school education focused on travel and tourism, including reservation system operations, geography, ticketing and standard airline procedures
- Ability to operate and use a Global Distribution System (GDS), Worldspan experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience as a Travel Agent is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to gather and analyze a variety of data regarding flight schedules, departure points, and other relative information
- Ability to work effectively both independently (self-starter) and as a team
- Ability to adapt quickly to an ever-changing, high-paced environment
- Excellent listening skills and an eagerness to provide outstanding guest service
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, sincerity, and professionalism for the job
- Knowledge of company and department goals and objectives to attain high customer service levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel software programs
Work is performed in the corporate headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Hours of work will generally be during the regular business week with occasional weekends and evenings, including participation in the Saturday shift rotation. There will be some variation in hours due to the time of year and department demands. Occasional out-of-town travel will be required.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, regularly access files (some walking, bending, stooping, and lifting of light/medium materials). Frequent mental and visual concentration required for computer usage.