At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The DevOps Application Monitoring and Logging Manager is a key role in the DevOps Engineering & Operations (DOE) team. The individual in this role will work closely with Architecture, Platform Management and other supporting stakeholder’s and will be responsible for engineering and operations of the monitoring and logging platform at an enterprise level. The individual in this role will be responsible for building a strong team of engineering talent to deliver solutions that will enable the use of machine learning and AI concepts to create an efficient monitoring platform.
DevOps – Application Performance Monitoring and Logging Manager responsibilities:
•Leadership in engineering solutions for application monitoring infrastructure at an enterprise level
•Leadership in engineering solutions for Log Analytics and Application Performance Monitoring
•Drive development of predictive capabilities for increasing process efficiency
•Drive monitoring solutions leveraging open source products
•Expand capabilities in machine learning and artificial intelligence in partnership with automation teams
•Develop roadmaps for monitoring and execute on its implementation plan
•Participate in creating policies and standards for monitoring and logging
•Drive Operational transformation through automation and continuous process improvements
•Recruit and develop a high caliber engineering team
•Work closely with business peers to create holistic insights and recommendations that drive business performance
•Identify automation opportunities that will generate the greatest benefit
- 12+ years of technology infrastructure experience, non-development technology experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience in technology
- 7+ years of platform engineering experience
- 5+ years of automation experience
- 5+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure product and services operations including but not limited to; product lifecycle management, product planning, vendor management, service reporting or portfolio management
- Management experience including multiple or large technology functions
- Experience with design, implementation and governance with Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning Architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of technology governance
- Knowledge and understanding of AppDynamics
- Strategic planning and development experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to design or develop automated solutions to business problems
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to develop roadmaps and plans that enable strategies
- Ability to create and clearly articulate the target state including: the execution roadmap, costs, benefits and risks
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well-defined plans and solutions
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Knowledge in machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts to drive automation
- Extensive experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence in partnership within automation teams
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Knowledge on Monitoring Infrastructure Products and Platform, Netcool, HPOO
- Knowledge on Log Analytics
- Experience and knowledge on leveraging open source products
- Experience working and delivering under pressure in an environment with rapid changes and conflicting priorities
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and adept at facilitating alignment across different perspectives
- Must have a passion to stay on top of technology trends
- Must be customer focused, understand customer requirements and develop solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices
- Expertise with standard ITIL processes, including Change, Incident and Release management
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.