UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for maturing the DevOps mindset within the agile teams using techniques such as Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery to provide quality products with seamless integration across Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Operations, and Release Management roles.
The successful candidate will be a servant leader who develops and supports a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship. The successful candidate will be one that can adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change initiative and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team. Blogging and community support are a part of this role.
Candidates will work in a DevOps team environment and are expected to work on both tactical and strategic assignments. Since the team is very young in its adoption of DevOps principles there is still a fair amount of manual maintenance work. Candidates are expected to handle the manual work while figuring out how to automate it.
- 4+ years of IT experience on web-based products
- 1+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
- 1+ years of experience with Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD tools (like Jenkins, Sonar, Fortify, XLDeploy, Maven, Flyway DB, Ansible)
- 1+ years of experience in at least 1 high level programming language such as (C, C#, C++ or Java)
- 2+ years of experience with at least 1 scripting language such as (Perl, Python or PowerShell)
1+ years of experience with a relational database,(preferably a recent version of Oracle)
- Chef++ , Ansible
- Cloud based experience (OpenShift, Amazon Web Services)
- Git (contributions on Github++)
- Scripted environments experience
- Configuration as code experience
- Infrastructure experience
- Operations experience
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
- Database change automation experience
- Real-time automated metrics and reporting experience
- Monitoring and alerting experience with Elk, Dynatrace, Splunk
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.