Join the First Vehicle Services team at Summit County Fleet!
Gillig Transit Bus, Allison Transmission, and Cummins Experience Preferred
We have a diverse fleet and require well rounded mechanics with knowledge of transit bus, CAT heavy equipment as well as light duty vehicles.
This location offers a 4 day work week in a state of the art shop!
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- Technical school tuition reimbursement may be available!
- Competitive hourly wages - $32-$36/hour based on experience & qualifications!
- 4-day work week
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Excellent location in state of the art shop!
Fleet Diesel Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Maintain light duty vehicles as well as heavy equipment.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Diesel Technician requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Class B CDL Operator’s license with Passenger endorsement
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
- Gillig transit bus, Cummins, Allison, and CAT heavy equipment experience preferred.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.