First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic!
We service transit buses for University of Alabama Crimson Ride
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Hourly Wages Based on Experience + ASE Bonus money
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Valid CDL B required or have the ability to obtain within probationary period (Passenger Endorsement Preferred)
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Minimum 2 years direct automotive repair experience (Transit or Heavy Duty Fleet preferred).
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operations any of automotive, diesel, or CNG fleet repair shop equipment.
- Minimum of 2 Transit Bus ASE certifications within 180 days of employment.
- H1 CNG Engines
- H2 Diesel Engines
- H3 Drive Train
- H4 Brakes
- H5 Suspension and Steering
- H6 Electrical – Electronic Systems
- H7 Heating Ventilation and A/C
- H8 Preventative Maintenance
- Must have the minimum required tool set.
- Excellent communication skills. Bring demonstrated abilities of building solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.