Join First Transit as a Fleet Diesel Technician! Servicing Johnson County Transit
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $1,000 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- Competitive wages up to $24/hour based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- Monday-Friday shift. Off weekends and holidays!
- Room for career progression!
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous automotive or diesel repair experience
- Valid driver's license; Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL - We Train!
- Possess appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Certifications a plus!
- Subject to background screen, motor vehicle record check, and drug test.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.