Join First Transit as Diesel Technician!
First Transit, a national leader in transportation, is looking for a Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Houston, TX. First Transit operates the United Airlines Employee Shuttle at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, transporting hundreds of employees on a daily basis.
If you take pride in your work and want to join an organization that encourages career growth and excellence in performance, we want to talk to you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wage structure
- Clean working environment
- Full benefits package
- Company provided uniforms
- Bonuses for ASE certification(s) - The more ASE certifications you have the more you get paid.
- Tuition reimbursement and training toward ASE certifications. We pay for you to obtain your ASE certifications allowing you to obtain your ASE Bonuses.
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic Requirements:
- High School Degree or GED Equivalent; Technical Training Preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Previous diesel repair experience required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to pre-employment background check and drug test.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.