Join the First Transit team as a Diesel Technician!
$1000.00 SIGN ON BONUS (conditions apply)
First Transit is proud to offer:
- HOURLY pay up to $24.00 based on experience
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical Training Preferred
- Minimum 1 year of direct automotive repair experience; transit bus repair experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to background check and drug screen
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.