Looking for a new career? Join First Transit as a Fleet Diesel Mechanic! - Servicing College of Staten
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and qualifications
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Fleet Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous diesel repair experience required; heavy duty tranist bus preferred
- CDL B with Air Brakes and Passenger endorsement
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.