Looking for a new career? Join First Transit as a CNG Technician!
We operate and service Phoenix Valley Metro Transit buses
Offering $5,000 Sign On Bonus *
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Up to $30.00 / hr + ASE bonus money!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
CNG Bus Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
CNG Bus Mechanic requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license. CDL is preferred.
- 3-5 years of direct diesel/CNG repair experience; transit bus fleet preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating shop repair equipment
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
$1000.00 After 90 Days of satisfactory employment
$1500.00 After 180 Days of satisfactory employment
$2500.00 After 365 Days of satisfactory employment
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.