First Transit is now hiring Transit Fleet CNG/Diesel Technicians! Servicing Valley Metro
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical, dental, vision and 401(k) savings plan
- Excellent pension plan!
- A great work environment!
CNG Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
CNG Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous CNG / diesel repair experience required; transit bus experience preferred
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Ability to work assigned shifts
- Must possess appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to background check and drug screen
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.