Fox Run of Novi located on a picturesque 108 acres is looking for a Flex Dining Associate. Our Dining Associate supports our residents by ensuring the overall efficiency of the dining room and pantry; assists with preparation, stocking, serving and post meal clean up of meals and snacks to ensure adequate nutritional intake for all residents. Provides individualized resident service as required to meet guest preferences, diets and/or regulatory requirements (as applicable).
Help people live better lives by:
- Ensures proper food handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at designated intervals and takes action to correct deficiencies.
- Maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste. Assists in supplying all required products for all meals and snacks as needed and any special functions. Uses proper food handling techniques at all times and frequent hand washing especially between handling soiled and clean dishes.
- Prior to meal service or service of snacks checks Resident Diet Sheets and Therapeutic Menu Spread Sheets. Provides service complying with ordered restrictions.
- Provides friendly and efficient service with appealing plated food to residents and guests.
- Ensures resident dining requests or concerns are handled in a timely manner. Notifies a responsible Dining Services manager or Supervisor of a situation not in their ability to handle.
- Provides service following the appropriate method. Clears soiled dishes before serving next course. Completes ‘table at a time’ service system.
- Ensures the dining service areas are properly set-up and maintained throughout the day; Maintains the dining areas in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition during and between meals; Maintains pantry and dining service area sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule
- Attends pre-meal briefing and demonstrates knowledge of menu, therapeutic diets, portioning and plating requirements (as appropriate).
- Processes guest slips, including resident charges and guest charges as assigned.
- Maintains dining areas and kitchen sanitation requirements. Performs post shift breakdown and cleaning process.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Uses proper food handling sanitation techniques at all times and frequent hand washing occurs especially between handling soiled and clean dishes.
- Completes assigned dish and ware washing, using proper procedures.
- Communicates appropriately with all Dining Services staff, supervisor and listens effectively.
Employee will be required to work some weekends and holidays
What we offer:
• Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees
• Tuition reimbursement and career development opportunities
• Fully supplied, state of the art buildings with 24-hour security
• Quality of life; not your typical late-night restaurant hours
• Training and career opportunity in a high-growth, stable company
• Top of the line culinary equipment, safe and clean kitchen environment
• Extensive benefits and "Total Rewards" options
• Six months experience in food service environment preferred. High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Successfully complete food handling and preparation class prior to starting work
- High School Diploma or GED.