Department:OH1HS_63503_000 Employer RelationshIP Program
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Our Workplace Health Nutrition Specialist functions as a liaison between Mount Carmel and area employers by offering a variety of Employer-sponsored wellness programs designed to promote a healthy lifestyle. This position will work with autonomy and needs to be able to perform high quality of work with little supervision or direction. This role will be responsible for creating and designing innovative and beneficial wellness programs to employer clients, but also provide screenings and other services as needed at the worksite. Programs may include, but are not limited to: preventive screenings, educational offerings & events and intervention programs delivered at the worksite to assist employers in reducing prevalence of chronic conditions. This role will prepare educational materials & on-site programming (content appropriate for discipline), staffs on-site events & participates in wellness programs as requested by employers; may function as an on-site event coordinator. This role will have direct contact with employers and employees and will serve a variety of roles including nutrition and diet expertise, health coaching, group exercise facilitation, engaging employees in programming and results, as well as technical expertise in updating Mount Carmel's wellness program communication materials, tracking tools and Rewards platform.
- Acts as a partner to Employers in taking care of their employees
- Dietary and nutritional consulting, educational programming and food preparation and cooking demonstrations as requested by employers
- Collaborates with Workplace Health Employer relations specialist & other Workplace Health staff to provide services to develop & provide requested services to employers.
- Workplace Health Program Events: Provides testing at health fairs within scope of practice, (i.e) finger sticks for cholesterol & glucose screening, body fat composition, blood draws for testing, bone density screening, or testing as required.
- Workplace Health Program Events: Provides education to all health fair participants, within scope of practice, ensures proper understanding of test results, risk factors, referral options, provides educational materials.
- Workplace Health Program Events: Sets up for & tears down health fair, assisting as needed.
- Workplace Health Program Events: Able to coordinate health fairs, as needed, to include coordination of the staff, managing event, ordering & managing of supplies.
- Workplace Health Program Events: Ensures quality control for all program equipment.
- Workplace Health Program Events: Communication with clients regarding required services & satisfaction with programs provided.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Nutrition, Sports Medicine and Nutrition,
Community Health, Public Health, or other Health Services discipline. Master's Degree
- Licensure / Certification: Dietitian, Registered and Licensed.
- Experience: 5+ years of hands-on patient care, health and wellness counseling, running a wellness program or participating in nutrition and dietary consultations for patient needs. 3-5 years of previous managerial experience preferred.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.