At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
WFVC’s Digital Experience Design (DXD) team is looking for a Senior Art Director to join our Sales Experience Design group to identify, create, and promote innovative, world-class digital customer experiences. Working with the Sales Experience Design Director, as a Senior Art Director, you will contribute to the digital and omni-channel customer experience for our customer acquisition processes (Wells Fargo online properties) by collaborating across DXD with other art directors, brand stewards, visual designers, and others to establish a visual design direction that is aligned with our new Brand Direction.
The Senior Art Director is responsible for directing project teams to design and deliver customer experience solutions for Wells Fargo digital properties, including desktop browser, mobile, and tablet sites and apps. This person will be a major contributor in shaping our customer experience strategy by partnering with product owners to influence the product roadmap at the platform level.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about digital visual design trends, deeply skilled in user-centered design principles employing a broad array of design tools, and interested in financial services and how they impact the lives of our customers.
As part of the art direction and design process, you will:
- Work directly with the Sales Experience Design Director to ensure projects are executed according to the overall Sales experience strategy.
- Act as a key player in the design execution process on multiple projects, assuming responsibility for the overall digital brand strategy and execution for our customer acquisition digital properties.
- Collaborate with program, product, technology, and project managers to gather creative requirements and integrate business objectives with customer needs.
- Collaborate with and lead vendors to successfully deliver visual design activities.
- Determine and recommend the appropriate user-centered design methods, tools, deliverables, and milestones to deliver optimal design solutions for all devices (tablet, mobile, and desktop), including the development of design concepts, visual design presentations on creative execution, mock-ups, style guides, mood boards, technical specs, and delivering graphical assets.
- Represent as the main visual design point of contact with clients and partners, escalating and resolving issues as necessary for both projects and larger platform initiatives.
- Ensure that solutions follow internal standards as well as industry best practices.
Strong organization skills are required to help streamline workflow and connect the dots between projects by consulting with the larger DXD team to:
- Identify areas of opportunity to advance digital brand by working with Enterprise Brand and our DXD Creative Direction and Governance groups.
- Articulate the pros and cons of design options.
- Act as visual design liaison with business and marketing partners, clients and agencies
- Lead and execute Digital Brand style toolkit to articulate our brand direction.
- Ensure the design supports the overall strategy and champion for best user experience.
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- 4+ years of visual design experience
- 2+ years of visual design art direction experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in design
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience using and maintaining corporate brand standards
- Agile experience
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Experience analyzing trends affecting digital interactive product design, mobile design or responsive design
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Meeting facilitation experience in leading discussions that result in consensus and commitment
- Strong experience creating and governing multiple related design systems
- Ability to create design consistency across multiple complex experiences
- Mobile design experience
- Ability to manage large digital production projects
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-Oakland: 1901 Harrison St - Oakland, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.