At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Treasury Management (TM) is a key part of our Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation team. Treasury Management includes managing and optimizing our customers' cash flow and mitigating its operational, financial, and reputational risk. We focus on creating operating efficiencies, cost savings and time savings for our customers by delivering treasury solutions through a consultative approach.
We put our customers at the center of every decision we make by focusing on their needs, being a leader in innovation, keeping things simple, and making our solutions easy to implement.
The Enterprise Microservices Program, an enterprise-wide business and technology partnership centered on building our products and services as small, discrete, reusable business capabilities (microservices) that can be used for external interfaces or internal tools, is looking for an experienced Product Manager that will drive the definition, development, and implementation of reusable enterprise business capabilities.
We are looking for smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We’re passionate. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers, and everyone we do business with.
This role will work across Lines of Business to identify and define opportunities to build new “services of record” that will be visible and consumable across the enterprise. This will include working on key, strategic in-flight projects where new development is happening. A successful candidate will understand how to translate business needs into requirements for our technology team. They will understand how to navigate the organizational and governance challenges of a large, highly-regulated enterprise – and still know how to get things done. They will ideally bring expertise working with APIs and services to build new, innovative developer-oriented offerings to the internal and external communities (the latter in partnership with the Wells Fargo API Gateway team).
This product management role will need to have a proven track record of building trusted and valued relationships, developing digital strategies and experiences, delivering against program roadmaps, and exceeding business goals.
- Customer advocacy: understand the strategic and competitive position in the marketplace through customer interaction and primary/secondary market research
- Product management: understand how to work across various teams of product managers to identify the right channel- and product-agnostic business capabilities , and prioritize the feature-set into multiple phases as applicable to meet enterprise needs
- Product definition: work with BAs to define and document the appropriate use cases for new microservices to be built centrally or through federated development model
- Partner enablement: Work with technology teams to build out enablement tools and resources for internal product manager and developer communities to ensure visibility and easy consumption of microservices
- Data driven: define, monitor and analyze metrics that inform the success of microservices; continuously improve performance
- Other duties or responsibilities as requested or required
***May be open to other Wells Fargo office locations***Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- A Master's degree or higher
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Experience working within an application development environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Card, MasterCard, or Visa products
- Knowledge and awareness of present and future of technology and service market, competitive products, product providers/partners
- Superior problem solving skills, particularly within the context of a large enterprise
- Ability to lead discussions with top management in the organization and within partner organizations
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- High-level knowledge and awareness of APIs and/or microservices
- Self-starter and highly motivated for success
- Ability to develop and share product strategy, priorities, roadmap, & product requirements
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, define use cases, conceive, design, and launch relevant product capabilities and utilities for both internal and external use
- Serve as the subject matter expert and provide analysis to senior management
- Excellent partnering and collaboration skills with other members of the microservices business and technical team
- Strong aptitude and awareness of new and emerging technologies, products, and services
- Experience working with and globally dispersed team of partners
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.