H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager – SEO. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light district of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee bar, an awesome company cafeteria, free, covered parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
About the position…
- Ensure all SEO marketing plans adhere to overall corporate strategy and objectives. Analyze each program to identify key success indicators. Prioritizes projects based on evaluation of short and long-term benefits to the company.
- Collaborates with other associates and support departments to develop, recommend and monitor the implementation of SEO strategies.
- Work closely with web producers, development teams and outside agencies to provide SEO insights related to creative design, messaging and strategy.
- Develops program business cases, provide ongoing program analysis/reports, and communicate updates.
- Monitors program results and proactively recommends contingency plans or adjustments to meet goals.
- Conducts ongoing and post-season analysis, which includes interpretation of results, identifying key implications and next step recommendations.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Evangelize SEO best practices to company stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal content producers to develop content strategies and execute against a content calendar.
- Identify opportunities (content gaps) to develop additional content to increase organic website traffic.
- Regularly write and publish new content for the website, optimize existing content and copyedit and proof-read website content.
- Review technical SEO issues and provide strategies/recommendations to improve site architecture and site performance.
- Keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trends to stay updated on the latest innovations, tools and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of marketing principles, practices and techniques with experience in developing marketing strategies
- Ability to balance short and long-term priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to established timeframes
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills - necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
It would be even better if you also had…
- 5-7+ years of work experience
- 4+ years of SEO experience
- Familiarity with franchised, multi-unit retail services
- Financial services and/or seasonal business experience
- Experience with WordPress CMS platform
- Experience with SEO tracking and reporting tools such as Conductor, Google Webmaster Tools