Founded in 1971, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is an Omni channel retailer offering a wide selection of domestics merchandise and home furnishings. The Company’s mission is to be trusted by its customers as the expert for the home and “heart-related” life events. These include certain life events that evoke strong emotional connections such as getting married, moving to a new home, having a baby, going to college and decorating a room, which the Company supports through its wedding and baby registries, new mover and student life programs, and its design consultation services.
We are looking for a strategic and creative thinker, with a knack for building what she/he envisions, to accelerate our pace of innovation within our fast growing digital marketing team. Reporting directly to the VP of Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing Innovation Manager will support both our prospecting and remarketing digital media spend and our efforts to engage the customers of our various concepts through effective use of social media and influencer marketing. She/he will be responsible for the evaluation, piloting and rollout of programs or capabilities that leverage digital channels to drive online and/or in-store revenue, or increase our ability engage and delight our customers in pursuit of our mission: “To be trusted as experts in the home, and heart-felt live events”. To be successful, she/he must be able to:
Pro-actively monitor, evaluate and prioritize new digital technologies, trends, and service providers that support our marketing objectives and overall mission
• Collaborate with marketing audience and channels owners, IT and eComm, store operations, and business leads to identify and scope pilot opportunities
• Project manage approved pilot opportunities
• Measure impact and build a business case for scale-up recommendations
• This position requires a strong combination of technical savvy and marketing depth to identify opportunities to drive the business for our various concepts, including Bed Bath & Beyond, buybuy BABY, Face Values and Christmas Tree Shops andThat! We look forward to hearing from you!
• Digital expertise: The Digital Channel Development manager will be expected to know and maintain relationships with the leading and emerging marketing and technology vendors in the retail space. The manager will be a resource to the marketing, e-commerce, and mobile platform teams on the strengths of potential partners
• “Envision skills”: Lead the development of opportunity assessments, business cases, and execution of new concepts and solutions with internal business stakeholders that are in line with business and marketing objectives and strategies.
• “Design skills”: The ability to conceptualize, communicate, “sell-in”, and bring ideas to life through a combination of written communications, in-person presentations, and business requirement definition. Become an expert in the needs of our concepts to drive business impact, and the existing processes and constraints to identify and overcome barriers.
• “Build skills”: The ability to collaborate with a wide variety of functional experts (marketing, IT, e-commerce, user experience, creative, analytics, and operations). Strong knowledge in a variety of workflow processes, such as automation, testing, API integration and analytics/measurement.
• Integrated experience: Comprehensive understanding of the digital ecosystem and how web, CRM, mobile, social, search and e-commerce channels work together to optimize behavior, acquisition and sales strongly preferred. The ideal candidate is a digital generalist with a strategic mindset and hands-on experience building new experiences.
• Self-Starter: As the position entails so many elements, the Digital Marketing Innovation manager should be a self starter; someone who doesn’t require handholding. They should be able to assess a situation, develop a plan, make recommendations, get approval and run with it.
• Analytical Thinker: It is imperative that this position possess critical thinking and analytical skills. They should be able to readily identify opportunities, formulate practical solutions, and bring data to support recommendations.
• Minimum – A Bachelor's degree, with specific training / experience in related field
• Preferred – A Master’s degree, with specific training / experience in related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital marketing, retail and/or e-commerce services. Background in both social media/influencer marketing and performance oriented marketing are a strong plus.
• A passion for understanding the customer mindset and keeping up with media and technology trends; along with strong customer insight skills and the ability to translate those insights into business ideas is required.
• Experience driving collaboration and partnerships within and across functions
• Experience working with technology vendors, ideally in the marketing or sales space
• Experience with business case development, developing a financial/budget forecast (revenue and expense) and proof-of-concept/pilot project execution
• Hands on experience with managing social media programs and/or digital media spend(search, display, affiliate) a strong plus
• Proficient in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience with web and/or marketing analytics (e.g., Omniture, Google Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.)
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills; organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, work against deadlines and defined budgets
• Experience leading simultaneous projects across a long time horizon (6+ months)
• The ability to collaborate successfully and build relationships with internal teams, suppliers and agencies is required
• Demonstrated experience leading through influence to successfully drive change
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.