We are seeking an experienced SEM Associate to join the Bed Bath & Beyond team to lead our significant search practice across multiple concepts, including Bed Bath & Beyond, buybuy Baby, Christmas Tree Shops andThat!, and Harmon Face Values. The goal of the role will be to leverage all current and future paid search strategies and tactics to drive highly qualified traffic (prospects and customers) to both our eCommerce platforms and our 1,500+ stores. The SEM Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the search agency of record and will interface regularly with merchants, ecommerce, IT and other departments to be effective. Search engine marketing is one of our fastest growing marketing efforts; we look forward to you joining the team!
- Pro-actively monitor Paid Search and CSE performance, trends and projections to ensure ROAS and sales goals are achieved, in addition to achieving registry growth and customer acquisition metrics
- Ensure best practices are followed by our search agency, establishing and refining processes for creating, implementing, tracking, analyzing and optimizing campaigns
- Keep current on industry trends, work with Search Engine teams (Google, Bing) and new vendors to report back potential opportunities to broader marketing team
- Monitor budgets and key search KPIs and targets on a regular basis; set specific goals per segment and/or initiative on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Manage the project plans, schedules and initiatives implemented by the agency and communicate status internally as necessary
- Analyze website traffic to extrapolate Search’s role, influence on overall site sales, and drive learnings/insights into cross channel impact from search
- Collaborate with eCommerce team to test improvements in search marketing experiences and conversion rates for product sales and wedding/baby registry acquisition efforts
- Data mine third party tools, like Hitwise or Search Monitor, for strategic insights/trends for search and other marketing channels; think of cross channel opportunities and how search insights can be leveraged in conjunction with other media
- Minimum – A Bachelor's degree, with specific training / experience in related field
- Preferred – A Master’s degree, with specific training / experience in related field
- Minimum of 4 years proven SEM experience in optimizing B2C campaigns for search engines
- Minimum of 2 years proven SEM experience in managing an agency team with retail clients
- Strong understanding of Search strategy, project planning and agency-client model
- Experience working in tandem with Search Engine representatives
- Retail and/or e-commerce experience is a strong plus
- Strong Excel skills; other analytical tool familiarity a plus
- Proficient in others Office programs: Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Experience with web analytics software (e.g., Omniture, Google Analytics)
- Experience with online competitive intelligence services (e.g., comScore, Hitwise) a plus
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.