At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Digital Content Strategist is a key role in the Digital Product Design group of Wells Fargo Advisors. They are responsible for establishing, leading and advancing the content strategy practice within Digital Product Design. They work to understand business goals, user segments and user goals and align content offerings and placements to bring them together. They collaborate and partner closely with product development stakeholders on strategy and with designers to develop content for user experiences that are informative and compelling. They partner with brand representatives and interpret brand attributes into messages and copy that have the right tone and personality.
- Establish and advance the content strategy practice and associated methods, processes, and tools
- Partner with product owners to understand and influence product strategy, and interpret and extend that into digital experience strategy
- Collaborate with product and design leadership to plan support for strategic product development efforts
- Provide leadership and project management for strategic design engagements
- Build relationships with product management, brand, marketing, and other content strategy groups and functions across the enterprise
- Conduct audits of content to assess quality and cohesiveness of the end-to-end user experience for key user journeys
- Assess content effectiveness, identify gaps in content, and sponsor content development efforts to align content with user needs and interests
- Write copy for persuasion and conversion for product pages and sales funnels, including public site content
- Write copy that supports the user interface for the system clients use for accessing brokerage accounts, conducting investment planning and research, and placing trades
- Develop tone and personality for Wells Fargo Advisors digital products, as an extension and contextualization of Wells Fargo brand voice and tone
- Identify opportunities to test variations in content and messaging to optimize performance of product-related content
- Understand and apply corporate editorial standards, and develop and maintain editorial standards for Wells Fargo Advisors digital products in alignment
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience
- 8+ years of e-business experience
- Brokerage industry experience
- Project management experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- BS/BA or higher in English, journalism, professional writing, creative writing, education, or communications
- Experience designing content with consistent style, layout and format
- Experience with strategy development and implementation
- Experience writing product content for engagement and conversion
- Experience writing microcopy for user interface elements in applications
- Experience with creative testing and optimization
- Knowledge and understanding of user experience and the voice of the client
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.