The basic function of this position is to greet the dining room guests and seat them in an expedient fashion while maintaining a proper flow in the seating sections.
- Greet the guests as they approach the podium and make them feel welcome to the dining room.
- Seat the guest(s) as quickly as possible or if table is not immediately available accurately informing the guest(s) of how long the wait period will be.
- Enter guest name and number in party on the wait list and give guest an accurate time of the wait period.
- For those dining rooms that utilize a reservations system, check guests in and informs them as to the length of time before they will be seated.
- Keep the seating chart current and seat guests in a proper flow in the sections so as to not over seat any sections.
- Keep menus clean and presentable and discard any menus that are too worn or tattered.
- Report any guest complaints and/or issues immediately to the Service Manager or Unit Manager. Respond to such in a professional, sincere manner.
- Complete opening and closing side duties according to dining room standards.
- Maintain seating log to ensure accurate cover count for the seating period.
- Assist Bussers as needed to clear and set tables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to professionally interact with a broad cross-section of guests.
- Good verbal communication skills with ability to interact with guests and staff.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor towards the guests and staff under very busy business levels.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.