Providing expedient, efficient and courteous service to dining room patrons in taking and delivering of food and beverage orders.
- Provide prompt, attentive and courteous service to dining room guests at all times in accordance with unit policies on guest service.
- Accurately take, fill, deliver and charge guest orders for food and beverage using the Aloha POS system.
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items including daily food specials, portions, preparation, ingredients and presentation of menu items. Be knowledgeable of wine, beer and liquor.
- Comply with all Xanterra South Rim, L.L.C. Food & Beverage Standards.
- Comply with all State of Arizona alcohol serving laws & Xanterra South Rim, L.L.C. policies.
- El Tovar Dining Room Servers, Arizona Room Servers and Bright Angel Servers will be responsible for server banking procedures in collecting all payments from guests while complying with all company policies regarding money handling.
- Comply with all company policies regarding tip reporting.
- Perform all opening and closing side duties as assigned per shift requirement.
- Responsible for maintaining proper sanitation of the dining room and side station areas while adhering to ServeSafe food sanitation program.
- Communicate with Service Manager and Kitchen Manager (Sous Chef for El Tovar) on out of stock items or guest food issues.
- Handle guest complaints politely and in a timely fashion involving the Management Team when necessary.
- Communicate to Server Assistants (bussers) for additional service with any tables in assigned section.
- Attend all required training seminars/classes as assigned by the Management Team.
- Stringently comply with all company appearance and hygiene standards.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies in performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous front of the house experience in a server or Server Assistant (bussers) capacity.
- Ability to effectively and courteously interact with a broad cross-section of dining room guests and employees.
- Ability to safely and properly carry a food tray overhead using a single hand method.
- Ability to accurately handle cash, room charge and credit card transactions. Server banking knowledge is preferred.
- A personal working bank of at least $40.00 is required.
- Ability to accurately use and enter and settle orders into the Aloha POS
- Ability to learn menu items, wine service, beverage service and up-selling techniques.
- Knowledge of ServeSafe food sanitation program.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.