Providing expedient, efficient and courteous service to dining room patrons in taking and delivering food and beverage orders.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide prompt, attentive and courteous service to dining room guests at all times in accordance with unit policies on guest service.
- Accurately take, fill, deliver and charge guest orders for food and beverage using the Micro POS system.
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items including daily food specials, portions, preparation, ingredients and presentation of menu items. Be knowledgeable of wine, beer and liquor.
- Comply with all company Food & Beverage Standards.
- Comply with all State of Arizona alcohol serving laws & company policies.
- Comply with all company policies regarding tip reporting.
- Perform all opening and closing side duties as assigned per shift requirement.
- Responsible for maintaining proper sanitation of the dining room and side station areas while adhering to Serv-Safe food sanitation program.
- Communicate with Service Manager and Kitchen Manager on out of stock items or guest food issues.
- Handle guest complaints politely and in a timely fashion involving the Management Team when necessary.
- Communicate with team members for additional service with any tables in assigned section.
- Attend all required training seminars/classes as assigned by the Management Team.
- Stringently comply with all company appearance and hygiene standards.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies in performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous front of the house experience as a server or Server, Cashier, Host, or Expeditor capacity is preferred.
- Ability to effectively and courteously interact with a broad cross-section of dining room guests and employees.
- Ability to safely and properly carry a food tray overhead using a single hand method is preferred.
- Ability to accurately use and enter and settle orders into the Aloha POS system is preferred.
- Ability to learn menu items, wine service, beverage service and up-selling techniques.
- Knowledge of Serv-Safe food sanitation program is preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete and abide by company sponsored alcohol awareness class.