ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and Vision statement.
2. Ensures residents, guests, and staff satisfaction with meal service experience.
3. Assigns and manages the overall efficiency of the restaurant operation.
4. Assists in the supervision, scheduling and training and gives input with evaluating, and disciplining of all restaurant staff.
5. Maintains effective communication with staff, residents and guests.
6. Assists in the supervision of organization and sanitation of restaurant, kitchen, storage areas, and loading dock.
7. Ensures proper portioning of foods, attractive plate presentation and service. Ensures set up of special resident and staff functions.
8. Completes opening and closing of food service operation per standards.
9. Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
10. Works with assigned computer programs.
11. Assists in Performance Reviews with final approval by next level supervisor.
12. Performs any duty requested by Management to ensure the effective and efficient dining operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated experience in full service dining environment. Ability to complete duties in a fast paced restaurant/dining room while performing multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting regulatory requirements.
• Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to organize and set-up assigned area in a timely manner prior to meal service, and complete service for all assigned meal periods.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. Completes cleaning assignments.
• Effectively communicate both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise.
• Ability to effectively utilize designated computer systems.
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Minimum of 1 year of dining room/food service experience, including service and sanitation. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred. ServSafe certification preferred and required after hire.
Restaurant and Cafe staff.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Applicable food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.