Job ID 33104
Position Location US-FL-Miami
Facility Name Floridean Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Job Category Dietary
Position Status FT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing health care providers at our dynamic facility located in Miami, FL.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference. A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Dining Services Tech, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors, and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Passion.The primary purpose of your job position is to provide assistance in all food functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established food policies and procedures. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Dining Services Tech I, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for assisting with the preparation and serving of meals, as well as maintaining the dietary area in a clean, safe condition. No supervisory function.
- Work with the facility’s Dietitian/Director of Dining Services as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Assist with meal preparation.
- Portion and serve food according to established menu.
- Ensure resident meal trays are clean and contain the proper diet prior to leaving the kitchen.
- Deliver and pickup food carts in a timely manner.
- Clear and wash dishes and pots.
- Act in a compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies/procedures.
- Attend in-service training sessions, as assigned.
- Assist cook in preparing meals.
- Assist in checking trays for accuracy before distribution.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED equivalent and have some experience with food preparation (preferred.)
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients