United Healthcare is a leader in…We strive to make the healthcare system work better for everyone by advancing evidence-based medicine and incenting the use of the right drug, at the right time, for the right patient. The Director of Outcomes-Based Pharmacy Programs will help to lead the charge on innovative contracting and the development of programs that decrease the overall total cost of care through cost-effective use of medications.
In this role, you will work with internal stakeholders and pharmaceutical manufacturers to develop, execute, and monitor outcomes-based contracts for drugs. The director will also work with internal partners to develop programs to promote the use of medications that have shown medical cost offsets and then monitor those programs to validate a decrease in total healthcare costs.
UHC is the ideal environment to innovate with new pharmaceutical payment methodologies. In-house access to advanced data systems and analytic teams, owned provider networks, and a partner PBM provide limitless capabilities as it relates to outcomes based contracting and value-based payment methodologies. Utilize your pharmaceutical industry knowledge, clinical expertise, analytical mindset and passion for improving the healthcare system to set new direction and shape the future of drug delivery and payment.
If you are located in Eden Prairie, MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Advanced clinical or health care analytics degree (PharmD, PhD, or Masters of Public Health)
- Understanding of healthcare claims data and experience with claims analysis
- Inquisitive and analytical mindset, with the desire to understand “why”
- Proven experience delivering on complex, mutli-faceted, cross-functional projects and programs
- 10 years of U.S. healthcare system experience (Payer, Provider, or Manufacturer)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed ability to identify opportunities that align with organizational goals and execute to completion
- Prove ability to build relationship and influence without direct authority
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.