Direct Care Staff Eureka SLS
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAEureka
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serve adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. As a Direct Support Professional with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people. Description
Caregivers are the link to the community for those we serve. Whether you’re helping someone prepare a meal, shop, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
As a Caregiver/DSP for our Supported Living Services (SLS) program you'll provide services in individual's residence. You'll assist with daily living skills, client's ISP goals, medication, personal hygiene, meal preparation, transportation, shopping, and other related tasks.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or you want to make a difference in someone's life, we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!Qualifications:
- Caring and compassionate people
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Experience in a direct support role preferred, but not required
- Access to a reliable, registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Full and Part time schedules available
- Full compensation/benefits package for full time employees
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~28,000 employees serving ~25,000 consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!