Direct Support - Day Program
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJDelran
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
NeuroRestorative New Jersey
Looking for a job helping others? Looking for flexible hours? Looking to start a career in rehabilitative services? We want to hear from you!
Our Life Skills Trainer role is an awesome way to meet whatever your objectives are for your next job. As a Caregiver, or Life Skills Trainer (LST), you will support and assist individuals with Acquired Brain Injury and other neurological challenges who are rebuilding their abilities and regaining their independence.
As a Life Skills Trainer (LST), you will serve as a residential counselor, assisting individuals in residential settings providing training and supervision with living skills and therapeutic recreation.
· Assist with daily activities such as:
o meal preparation
o personal hygiene
o medication administration
o residential living – laundry, room cleaning, grocery shopping
· Assist with the working relationships between employers and individuals
· Support community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings, or providing transportation to work or other activities
· Work closely with our clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
At the end of each work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
No prior experience needed, just a passion for helping people, a high school diploma, a valid driver's license for at least one year, and successful completion of background checks, physical and drug test.
NeuroRestorative New Jersey offers a continuum of post-acute rehabilitation programs for individuals with brain injuries and other neurological challenges. Through Individualized, outcome-driven programs NeuroRestorative New Jersey can meet the needs of participants at any state of post-acute rehabilitation and help regain their independence and become active in their community.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want in a job, we want to hear from you. Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
What we offer you:
- Part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Paid training. Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee discounts with vendors
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. NeuroRestorative is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
This Life Skills Trainer role is a great place to start your career with The Network - we have many success stories from people at all levels that started out in the Caregiver role.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record from state of residence
- No more than 5 points on motor vehicle record
- Successful completion of background checks, drug screen and references
- Six months to one year of experience in the human services industry preferred
NeuroRestorative New Jersey offers a continuum of post-acute rehabilitation programs for individuals with brain injuries and other neurological challenges. Through a range of program settings throughout the state and individualized services, NeuroRestorative New Jersey can meet the needs of participants at any state of post-acute rehabilitation.
NeuroRestorative New Jersey is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join NeuroRestorative New Jersey and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.