Primary Location: United States-WV-WVParkersburg
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
REM West Virginia
Open your heart, and earn extra money to help make ends meet. The Care Providers at REM WV/ The MENTOR Network provide the care and support to help every individual we serve reach their full potential, and we continue to do so with the help of people like you. If you have a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
Come join our mission! As a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional with REM Community Options/REM West Virginia, you’ll work in residential settings supporting individuals with intellectual, physical, and behavioral disabilities. – make a difference in lives and enjoy rewarding work. Whether you have previous experience or just a big heart and willingness to learn, we want to hear from you!
Provide support to individuals through assistance with activities of daily living such as:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
We will teach you – come on board: paid training will be provided based on the individuals and program you support.
What we require of you:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
What we offer you:
- Paid Training (First Aid, CPR, Medical Administration)
- Consistent Schedules
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
REM Community Options is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.