Direct Support Professional (Caregiver) - Full Time Overnight
Primary Location: United States-IN-INTrafalgar
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Weekend Only shifts available in the Trafalgar area.
Are you compassionate and caring?
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others?
We have the perfect opportunity as a Caregiver (Direct Support Professional) for you with Indiana MENTOR. Our Direct Care team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Indiana MENTOR, you’ll support individuals we serve in day and residential settings. We seek a compassionate person to:
Provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning; medication administration; and personal care.
Facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities.
Partner with clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
What we require of you:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Able to pass written interview (no GED or high school diploma required)
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be able to lift minimum of 25 pounds
- Successful clearance of background checks
What we offer you:
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay rates; paid training; mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Previous experience is not necessary - Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Initial Training Requirement--Paid Training:
Approximately 40 hours of mandatory paid training sessions offered to new employees prior to providing care to individuals.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Indiana MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!